182590 County Road C, Wittenberg, WI 54499
Obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains dispensed until further notice. We highly encourage those that are at high risk should continue to participate in the Mass via television and social media.
Given particular situations in different parishes, be kindly informed that these guidelines are tailored to suit our parish family of St. Joseph, Galloway and that there could be slight variations from other parish settings.
The following are 5 reminders that will help us in many ways:
1. Attendance at each individual Mass continues to be limited to 25% percentage of occupancy with proper social distancing. Pastors, through the observance of ushers or methods of signup/reservations, must allow only the permitted number to enter the church.
2. Social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet between people not living in the same household must be followed. Approved face coverings should be worn by all the faithful in the church. Priests are to use face coverings when social distance is breached, for example, at the distribution of Holy Communion or in close proximity to other liturgical ministers.
3. Frequently touched surfaces in the church (pews/pew tops, door handles, microphones, etc.) should be cleaned and sanitized per CDC recommendations after every liturgy. Hand sanitizers are to be made readily available for use at entrances and for communion.
4. The faithful should be reminded that Christ is encountered by joining themselves to the offering of Christ to God the Father during the Eucharistic Prayer, even as it is attended during these times on social media and other broadcasts. Parishioners who are experiencing illness or who fear contracting illness should be encouraged to remain home in a protected environment. The benefits of Spiritual Communion should continue to be promoted.
5. The priest is the model for the faithful. If your prayer is devout, their prayer is nourished. If you follow protocols, they are more likely to see benefit in doing the same.
As we await the day that we can be together again and celebrate the Holy Mass, let us remain together in prayer from our homes.
St. Joseph is open for private prayer daily from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Please continue to watch our website & Facebook for updates and special announcements. Please sign up for the parish app at https://myparishapp.com/ or in your app store on your smart phone if you have not already done that as messages are sent out regularly from our parish as well as the diocese. Bulletins are available in the church every week as well as here on our website and the parish app.
May St. Joseph, our patron, watch over us. May Jesus, Mary, and Joseph and the powerful Archangel Michael protect us and keep us safe.
Saturday 6:00 pm
Sunday 8:30 am
Confessions by appointment only. Please call Fr. Gus at 715-454-6431 to arrange a time. All confessions will take place in the St. Joseph Church confessional.
Baptized in Christ Jesus and nourished by His Word and Sacrament, we strive to live our daily lives in love and service to God and neighbor.
For the complete letter released by Bishop Callahan, please click here.
Here is a short summary,
"Dear faithful of the diocese, May the Lord give you peace. In light of the continued concern surrounding spreading the coronavirus COVID-19, and the advice of medical experts across the country and especially in our state, all public Masses in the Diocese of La Crosse will be canceled beginning 20 March 2020 until further notice. All fish fries, parish gatherings, etc. are also canceled.
Please note, however, churches will remain open for private prayer.... we are hopeful to resume public Mass by 1 May. As you know, these plans and regulations change every day. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to shorten this time frame or any of these regulations."
With Masses being cancelled, please know that the church will be open for private prayer from 8 am – 8 pm Monday-Saturday and 8-Noon on Sunday beginning Friday, March 20th.
We encourage you to take time on the weekend spent in prayer.
If possible (and it is recommended) watch a Televised Mass broadcast in our area.
Saturday - Stevens Point Public Access, Channel 984 at noon and 5:30 pm
Wausau Public Access Channel 980 at 6 pm
Sunday – Wausau Cable and Satellite Channel 12 at 6:30 am
Wausau Public Access Channel 980 at 9 am
Masses can also be viewed on the diocesan website: diolc.org or St. Joseph Facebook page.
Let us pray that Our Lord and His Blessed Mother may watch over all of our brothers and sisters in Christ whose lives have been affected by this virus. May Jesus, Mary and Joseph be our source of strength and courage as we unite in prayer, asking Our Lord to bring healing and renewed hope to his people,
Fr. Augustine Bentil
Together we can pray this Spiritual Act of Communion:
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.